CYBERSCHOOL - Self Defense Tips
Help your child be safe with these self defense tips:
- Teach your child not to walk over to a car whose occupants are asking directions. Most adults do not ask children for driving directions.
- Teach your child not to ride home from school with anyone, even if they say you told them to pick up your child.
- NEVER let your child go into a public restroom by him or herself.
- Pay attention to threats by an ex-spouse of stealing your child.
- In case you have to step out for a minute, role play ways of answering the door. Tell your child what to say when someone knocks on the door, then you be the stranger.
- Teach your child to yell " You're not my Mommy" or "You're not my Daddy" in case someone in a public area tries to abduct them.
- Does your child(ren) know your family's secret password -- just in case someone other than you needs to pick him / her up? Make up a fun password and keep your child(ren) safe. Superexbialidotious...
- Walk the neighborhood with your child. Pick the safest routes to school and friend's houses. Discuss safe places to go in an emergency.
- Get a passport for your child. That makes it difficult for someone else to get one for him / her. Contact the Post Office.
- Keep fingerprints, footprints, and birth certificates of your child, as well as other means of identification.
- Communicate with your child openly so he or she will feel comfortable telling you about problems and troubles.
- Let your child know that it is not okay for anyone to touch them where their swimsuit covers.